This Week’s Events
Monday, November 6
Winter Guard 4:30-8:30pm
Tuesday, November 7
Wind Ensemble 3:45-5:45pm
*Recording for Veterans’ Day Assembly- Bring Dress/Tuxedo*
Wednesday, November 8
Veterans’ Day Assembly *4th & 5th Periods*
Thursday, November 9
Symphonic Band 3:45-5:45pm
Winter Guard 4:30-8:30pm
Longstreet Elementary School Carnival 5:45-6:30pm *Wind Ensemble Pep Band*
Friday, November 10 Veterans Day *NO SCHOOL*
Saturday, November 11
Winter Guard Design Camp 9am-4pm (Creekside MS)
Congratulations to our All-State Students!
Congratulations to Collin Ahmed (9-10 Concert Band Euphonium), Olivia Bisesi (11-12 Symphonic Band Flute), Alex Kajan (9-10 Concert Band Trumpet) *not pictured*, Jasmine Kwit (9-10 Concert Band Flute), Madeline Murray (9-10 Concert Band Trumpet), and Sebastian Tauler (High School Jazz Band Drum-set)! Check out their performance on Saturday, January 13th 2:30pm in the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Florida!
All-County Band Auditions
This year, students will have the option to record at home or to use our high-quality recording equipment at school. Mr. Martin will have a sign-up sheet available to any students who’d like to record at school. All County recordings need to be uploaded to Canvas by Sunday, November 19th at 5pm!
It’s Time to Register for Solo & Ensemble!
1. Piano scores and checks are due by November 27th.
2. Solo & Ensemble is February 16th and 17th at Hagerty High School
• Required Accompanist Rehearsals- January 20th, and February 3rd- All students will be scheduled for two practice sessions with your piano player. These two days are listed above. Any additional practice time outside of these two days is the responsibility of the student to schedule with the piano player and may cost an additional amount.
• Cost- Students will need to turn a check in for $50 addressed to their piano player when turning in your score for your music. Student scores will not be accepted if a check is not submitted. Piano player names will be listed in the band room by November 28th.
• Solos- All students that are Pre-IB and IB Music must play a solo at Solo and Ensemble. Remember, this is required for ALL Pre-IB Music & IB Music Courses.
• 9th Grade Students- students should play a grade 3 or grade 4. Freshmen students may request to play a grade 5 solo but only with Mr. Martin's approval. Do not fill out a form if your request has not been approved.
• Chamber Groups- Please meet and decide who will submit the form for the entire group. Only one form per chamber group!
• Percussion Students- All Percussion students must play a mallet solo and timpani - or- snare solo. Refer to the list passed out in class.
• IB Recital- The IB recital will be held on February 9th at 6:30pm in the band room. All Pre-IB students and IB students will attend but only junior and seniors will perform.
Percussion Ensembles that Mrs. Martin has already assigned DO NOT need to complete this form for those entries.
FBA Roll of Distinction Concert (November 18th, 2023) The Florida Bandmasters Association Roll of Distinction Concert will honor Dr. Shelby Chipman, Director of Band at Florida A&M University and our 2024 Volusia All County Clinician!
The FREE concert will start at 7:30pm in Elizabeth Hal, on the campus of Stetson University, and will feature the Southern Winds. Southern Winds is composed of current musicians from across the state, including Mr. & Mrs. Martin and Mr. Powell